Monday, February 13, 2012

All you need is LOVE :)

I've been asked what equipment I splurged on and my thoughts on it.
Well I didn't buy much and I bought it with the intention of being able to do more indoor sessions. Newborns are easy enough to do because you don't need much backdrop space and can easily locate a window with enough light. Toddlers and groups not so much. So I bought a backdrop stand, Canvas backdrop, and a  light kit. Turns out you get what you pay for! The lighting is terrible! I'm sure I could splurge on new bulbs and a few more stands but I've discovered through this process I was not meant to be a studio photographer. Don't get me wrong I still love newborns and catching moments of my kids playing indoors. But for family photography I love being able to let kids run around being them self and capture their real emotion versus saying sit here and smile. Maybe I'll do it someday if I can set up a real/permanent studio with enough space, light, and a more friendly lens (FYI 50mm not great for tight spaces:) But until then I'll stick to natural light and natural settings.


No comments: